Saturday, February 20, 2021

Week 4 Part A: Defining Target Markets


 With the help of social media, we can now easily target the costumers the we want for our business. Businesses typically use demographic information to define their target audience such as; gender, age location, profession, hobbies, educational level, interest, job title, employer, etc. Narrowing your focus to specific audience helps you develop an effective marketing strategy. 

 

There was once I searched for a particular item online and tons of advertising of the same product appeared on my Facebook feed every time I open my Facebook page. I understand now that Facebook Ads allows marketers to target users, according to their interest.

 

I ended up choosing “Set two: Subway & Hungry Bear Deli”, these two businesses both are serving the best subs, deli sandwiches, and salads except, Subway is a restaurant franchisor.  Subway has more than 41 thousand of restaurants in over 100 countries, while the hungry Bear Deli is a local California based sandwich shop.

 

Both have great concept on the marketing branding, aesthetic, and design. I could say they’re professionally done. I see lots of pictures, sometimes I may think it’s a little crowded but it fits for the type of business that they are offering. They’re posting photos because they want people to be hungrier and buy their products. Logos are in the right spot on every page.  One thing I like with the Subway is you can adjust the contrast of their page if it’s too bright or dark for you. I love that they also have country of search your preference. Typography, alignments, and, fonts are perfect and legible.

 

I also noticed that they a little difference in targeting their costumers, although advertising in social media is almost the same. Customers targeted are families, anybody who love sandwiches, salads, of any age. But Subway targets families and specially children. They are now serving healthy meal for kids which for me as parent, feeding my kids with the right nutrition is very important. They are also transparent on all the information with accurate nutrition and dietary information so consumers will have enough choices that fits in their lifestyle. 


Furthermore, Subway used “Myway rewards“that helps people “Earn while you eat” It’s another marketing for them because in order to get the rewards you have to sign-up and get daily offers from them. While “Hungry Bear Deli” encouraged consumers to share their fun photos while hanging out and eating their great food. Both are easy to use in a small screen device too.


Identifying a target audience provides a clear focus of whom your business will serve and why those consumers need your goods and services.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

 I was thinking back on the first time I have Facebook and Instagram personal account. It was just plainly for social interactions purposes....